In reviewing the suggested man page text carefully we've found two problems:
1. The default is different for UDP/RAWIP than it is for TCP/SCTP, thus
it makes sense to not refer to the default in this short description.
2. The fact that the option is negative (enabling IP_DONTFRAG means
disabling fragmentation) means we should be more clear when using terms
like "enable".

Updated man page suggestion below.

Do I need to do anything else with this fasttrack?

    Erik

> Man page updates:
> ================
>
> Add this text to ip(7P) after IP_TOS:
>       IP_DONTFRAG          If enabled (the default) then the Don't
>                            Fragment flag is set on IP packets. Disabling
>                            the option means that Don't Fragment will not
>                            be set which will result in not creating any
>                            Path MTU state due to this socket.

        IP_DONTFRAG          This option controls whether IP will allow
                            fragmentation both locally (fragmenting the
                            packets before sending them out on the
                            wire), and in the network (whether or not
                            the Don't Fragment flag will be set in the
                            IPv4 header.) Setting the option to any
                            non-zero value disables fragmentation.
                            Setting the option to zero enables
                            fragmentation. When fragmentation is
                            disabled then IP will not create any Path
                            MTU state on behalf of this socket.

  Erik