>    2.2. Risks and Assumptions:
>
>         Some Solaris LP features like Trusted printing, NIS support,
>         Forms printing are not available in CUPS at present.  Customers
>         who need any of these functionalities will need to switch back
>         to LP.

That sounds like a significant problem. It says elsewhere, in the
justification for this project, that LP has significant deficiencies
with respect to printer support, usability, and manageability. So
switching back to LP isn't really a viable option. Solaris features need
to work together; you can't ask users to choose between them. (E.g., you
can have Trusted Extensions or modern printing, but not both).

I'm assuming that there is no inherent reason that CUPS can't support
labeled printing. What discussions have you had with the Trusted
Extensions team to figure out how to add this support?

        Scott

--
Scott Rotondo
Principal Engineer, Solaris Security Technologies