>I've heard this affects NFS when using AUTH_SYS (still common).
>What impact will be seen there?
>
>Here's a blog with a good description of the NFS problem:
>http://nfsworld.blogspot.com/2005/03/whats-deal-on-16-group-id-limitation.html

It is listed in the case materials; the current Solaris kernel will drop
any RPC operation where the user is in more than 16 groups.

Other implementations will just truncate the number of groups to 16.

I'm inclined to follow the market, truncate the group list and then
try the RPC operation.  It's in the specification.

Specifically, I was convinced when I was running with 1000 groups and I
was not able to access anything over NFS.  Not very practical.

Casper