John Fischer wrote:
> Interfaces
> ==========
>       nagios user is created. Uncommitted.
>       nagios group is created. Uncommitted.
>       nagcmd group id created. Uncommitted.

Why are two new groups needed ?

What reserved gid and uid are used ?

>       SUNWnagiosr and SUNWnagiosu packages are Uncommitted.

Given that SXCE will no longer exist very soon and OpenSolaris IPS
collapses these down we should probably stop pretending we need separate
root and usr packages.

> Exported Interfaces
>   -------------------
>
>       /var/svc/manifest/application/nagios.xml  -- SMF XML File -- Project
> Private.

The SMF XML file is indeed Project Private but there should be
a Uncommitted or Committed interface that is the actual FMRI,
what is the FMRI ?

>       /usr/bin/nagios -- Executable file -- Uncommitted.
>       /usr/bin/nagiostats -- Executable file -- Uncommitted.

These two look okay.

>       /etc/apache2/2.2/nagios.conf -- Uncommitted.
>       /usr/apache2/2.2/bin/<cgi-scripts> -- Uncommitted.
>
> Imported Interfaces
> -------------------
>       SUNWapache2
>
> Not An Interface
> --------------------
>
>       /usr/etc                   --  cfg files are copied here
>         /usr/etc/objects           --  cfg files are copied here

/usr/etc isn't acceptable on Solaris, if these are intented to be
writtable then they belong in a subdir of /etc for example /etc/nagios/
or if they are large and growing cache rather than config then in /var.

>       /usr/lib                   --  When the nagios-plugin is installed,
> plugins are copied here

No plugins for nagios shouldn't be dropped into /usr/lib they should
be in a subdir for example /usr/lib/nagios

If thr
>       /usr/share                 --  HTML files for web-UI
>         /usr/share/contexthelp     --  HTML files for web-UI
>         /usr/share/docs            --  Nagios Documentation files
>         /usr/share/docs/images     --  Nagios Documentation images
>         /usr/share/images          --  Nagios Web-UI realated images
>         /usr/share/images/logos    --  Nagios Web-UI realaged logos
>         /usr/share/stylesheets     --  css files for UI

These all look very generic surely there should be a /usr/share/nagios
sub dir.

>         /usr/var                 --  Nagios generats files here
>         /usr/var/archives        --  Nagios log file gets created here
>         /usr/var/rw                      --  fifo File gets generated here by
> nagios
>         /usr/var/spool/checkresults

/usr/var ?  Again this is wrong  I suspect these should all be below
/var/nagios/

As specified this case violates many of the rules about filesystem
layout, so a big -1 from me on the filesystem layout even though I think
delivering nagios is good idea.

--
Darren J Moffat