Lloyd L. Chambers wrote:
>       Sun Diameter stack is an implementation of Diameter base protocol(RFC
> 3588)
>       intended to provide an Authentication,Authorization and Accounting(AAA)
> framework
>       for Network access or IP mobility applications running on Sun GlassFish
> communication Server 2.0

Great to see.

> 2.2. Risks and Assumptions:
>
>        Project is in the final stages and there are no anticipated major
> risks at this time.

Sounds more like "but" rather than "and" to me.

>       Diameter stack will implement Client as defined by RFC 3588 and will
> support
>       Sh(User profile ),Ro(Online Charging ), Rf(Offline charging)
> applications.
>       Diameter stack will use Grizzly  and will be exposed to Converged
> application deployed
>       on Sun Glassfish communication server as a Diameter Resource Adapter.

How does the client hook into the rest of the system?  Are there PAM
modules?

Or is this a Glassfish (?) only feature?

If it's intended as Glassfish-only, could the server provided here in
principle be used with other AAA-enabled clients (without Glassfish)
delivered by other teams, or would other projects need to start from
scratch in providing a Diameter server for Solaris?

>       Function Specification provides detailed information on the stack.
>
> http://wikihome.sfbay.sun.com/TelcoVertical/attach/Diameter%2Fdiameter_fsd.odt

If that is or contains normative architectural information, then it
needs to be archived as part of the case materials.

>  4.11. Security Impact:
>        Does not interact with security related policy API's. Diameter stack
> supports TLS and listens for connections on two ports, one for TLS and one
> for TCP.

That sounds incomplete to me.  How is it that any AAA solution could
fail to "interact" with the ARC's security guidelines?