Thanks Danek. On a highlevel these are the TODOs I got from this.

1. Change the package name to g1nsvc
2. Remove g11nsvc_ prefix from the APIs
3. Remove man pages and migrate the documentation to the g11nsvc file
sources as docstrings

Replies inlined.

Danek Duvall wrote:
> Suresh Chandrasekharan wrote:
>

>> Exported Interfaces by locale-services-library
>>
>> Interface               Classification     Comments
>> ---------               ---------------    ---------
>> locale-services-library Uncommitted        Package name
>>

> I assume this is the pkg(5) package name, not the Python package name
> (including the "pkg:" scheme here would make it clearer).  If so, then it
> should probably be
>
>     pkg:/library/python-2/locale-services-library-26
>
> to match the other python libraries we deliver.  However, I'd suggest that
> the base of the package name match the Python package name instead:
>
>     pkg:/library/python-2/g11nsvc-26

Noted. Thanks.

>> /usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/g11nsvc/__init__.py
>>                         Uncommitted        Python source
>>

> Note that the files aren't themselves public interfaces.  The Python
> package names -- what you'd import -- are, though.  So you probably just
> want to have
>
>     g11nsvc               Uncommitted        Python package name

OK.
>> g11nsvc_get_valid_locales (self)
>>

> Given that the package name already starts with "g11nsvc" and these are
> methods on objects rather than unbound functions, why repeat "g11nsvc" in
> each method name?

This can be removed. However if user do like
from g11nsvc import *
then these will be useful. But I understand that that specific usage is
not recommended
Will Change it
>> /usr/share/man/man3c/g11nsvc_get_all_system_legacy_locales.3c
>>                         Uncommitted        API man page
>>

> Typically we don't provide man pages for Python APIs.  Please use
> docstrings and let folks use pydoc to access the documentation.  Besides,
> section 3c is for C library functions.

Sure. I will migrate the info in the man pages to the source as
docstrings
>> Imported Interfaces by babel
>> ---------------------------
>> babel-docs              Uncommitted         package name for babel
>>                                             documentation
>> SUNWpython2.6           Uncommitted         package name for Python 2.6
>>

> pkg:/runtime/python-26

Thanks

>> cgi                     Uncommitted         Python module
>> ConfigParser            Uncommitted         Python module
>> [ ... ]
>>

> These are all standard modules that come with the base interpreter; I don't
> think it's necessary to list them all, any more than you'd list all the
> libc functions you used (or even that you used libc functions).

Thanks. I thought when in doubt providing more info is a good idea :)
>> Exported Interfaces by babel
>> ---------------------------
>>
>> Interface               Classification     Comments
>> ---------               ---------------    ---------
>> babel                   Uncommitted        Package Name
>> /usr/share/man/man1/pybabel.1
>>                         Volatile           babel man file
>> /usr/share/man/man1/babel.3c
>>                         Volatile           babel man file
>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/babel/__init__.py
>>                         Volatile           babel init file
>>

> "vendor-packages", presumably?

yes it should be vendor-packages.

>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/babel/core.py
>>                         Volatile           babel source file
>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/babel/dates.py
>>                         Volatile           babel source file
>>

> None of these are interfaces.

OK

>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/babel/global.dat
>>                         Volatile           Pickled CLDR timezone data file
>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/babel/localedata/aa.dat
>>                         Volatile           Pickled CLDR locale data file
>>

> I don't think these are interfaces, either.  You probably just want to
> document the tokens that programs using babel or g11nsvc would use to
> access this data.

OK
>> Exported Interfaces by babel-docs
>> ---------------------------------
>>
>> Interface               Classification     Comments
>> /usr/share/doc/babel/api/babel-module.html
>>                         Volatile           Babel API documentation
>>

> Documentation is not an interface, and doesn't need to show up in an ARC
> case.

man pages do refer these files, so I thought I will include them.
Since man pages are not needed for python, I will remove these

Thanks much for the feedback,

Regards,
Suresh