On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 09:57:22AM -0700, Darren J Moffat wrote:
> On 22/07/2010 17:52, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:34:44AM -0500, Robert Gordon wrote:
> >> There isn't really any current behavior with respect to sharing in a
> >> zone :)
> >>
> >> I understand what you are saying and the zone boot restriction can be
> >> removed, it doesn't effect the proposed new interfaces. My concern is
> >> inadvertent "zone data leakage" ...
> >
> > I think there is a compatibility issue.  Prior to this project the g-z
> > could share a zone's resources, now either, but not both of the g-z and
>
> And TX actually depends on that behaviour today, on the other hand once
> we do have NFS servers within a zone then TX could migrate to using that
> instead (because that is what it is currently providing the illusion of
> anyway).

Is TX still exclusive of exclusive-IP zones?  It'd be nice if one could
run non-TX zones under TX, which would necessarily mean that such zones
would have to have a single label that they run under to control
interactions with TX zones.  Until TX is sufficiently general I think
this can be papered over: in TX only the g-z should get to share
resources via SMB/NFS.

Nico