On 7/26/10 12:10 PM, Antonello Cruz wrote:

Well, your second email came just when I had finished my reply. Since it
is not immediately clear why I am restricting access to the files in
/etc/logadm.d I'll send my original reply here anyway.

logadm can run arbitrary scripts defined on the entries of logadm.conf
If I just add a file that anyone can write to in /etc/logadm.d/ it would
be a security vulnerability.

        Isn't the point that /etc/logadm.d must not be writable without
        privilege.  That is logadm.d must be 644 root:sys or any other
        group.  Aren't the currently existent foo.d directories 644
        root:sys.  The one's I'm familiar with are.  And similarly the
        files in them for consumption are no greater than 644 root:sys.

Gary..