> - A big strike against deb and portage (for
> Solaris/OpenSolaris) is
>   that no work's been done yet.
you assume too much...:)

work on portage for opensolaris has been slow. there are battles to be fought
with gentoo people for full support. And there is of course lot of work to get
it going smoothly.

I am currently testing it in its zone (what a freaking relief in the thought
that I won't kill my system as often as I would without zones). should have
some patches for gentoo folks and an update for you folks here soon (its
vacation time here..:)).

portage is a beautiful system with over 100K packages ready to build with full
dep tracking and flexibility of being able to create and install binary
packages. I am going to add few more to that list for opensolaris.