Hey,

> What about nagging the package community to make sure that
> packages/programs that is user/desktop oriented (gimp, openoffice
> and such) gets added to the start menu automatically ;o)

They don't already? I'm pretty sure that GIMP installs a menu entry for
at least GNOME, and OpenOffice really should do the same - especially
with the Q concept doc
[http://development.openoffice.org/releases/q-concept.html]

As it turns out though, I see a staroffice-menuintegration package on my
system for Linux, and a SUNWsogm for Solaris with the following entries
-

/usr/bin/soffice
/usr/bin/staroffice
/usr/bin/staroffice-printeradmin
/usr/lib/bonobo/servers/COM_SUN_STAR_Bonobo_PresentationStarter.server *
/usr/lib/libsogpstarterli.so *
/usr/share/application-registry/staroffice.applications
/usr/share/applications/star.desktop
/usr/share/applications/staroffice-calc.desktop
/usr/share/applications/staroffice-impress.desktop
/usr/share/applications/staroffice-writer.desktop
/usr/share/mime-info/staroffice.keys

[* only in the Linux package]

But yeah, good suggestion - thanks for that!

Glynn