On 7/4/05, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For a lot of the byte-size changes, it is possible to look at the
> source changes to know whether it is correct. If course not for all
> of them.....

Knowing whether a change is correct, and knowing whether that change
will have ripple effects or somehow break other things that depend on
it (that are incorrect) are two different things. I imagine the tests
are run to ensure that not only is the change correct, but that other
things that rely on the function you changed continue to function as
they should. I don't think it's unreasonable to always assume that
something is broken and run it through tests.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/