Dan Mick wrote:
Joerg Schilling wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dan Mick put one at

    ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/dmick/iasl

A nice program, but unfortunately, it does not work on OpenSolaris
unless you create this

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Jul 7 21:00 xsvc -> fbs/aperture

symlink. Why does iasl not check for /dev/fbs/aperture?

Probably because the binary was created before fbs/aperture existed :-)

Mmm, aperture exists since ~ 1994.
The isal binary above is from June 21st 2005

It should be modified to check for /dev/fbs/aperture too.

1) I've never heard of /dev/fbs/aperture

1a) I don't have one on my x86 system.  It's existed since 1994 where, exactly?

2) xsvc is a hack that should be replaced by a proper /dev/mem
3) sigh.