ghee teo wrote:
The HP testdrive program offers machines setup with different distros, for
this to work, we will need to set up machines with different favours of OpenSolaris so that the setup times are minimum. In those cases, each owners
of the different favours of OpenSolaris should take ownership of these
machines [1]. This of course open up the questions as to which favour/distros
of OpenSolaris should be provided, how does this be decided? By CAB,
community forces. Or just simply a minumum of Solaris Express and Vanilla
OpenSolairs? I do hope those who manages these process behind OpenSolaris
roadmaps can provide some resources to the community.

-Ghee

The Sun provided test farm machines will be available to test any OpenSolaris
distro. It would be up to the developer(s) to decide what to put on the machine
and how to test it. Some automated install and bfu support may be provided
to help setup the machines for test faster. Since resources will be limited,
a reservation policy will be established, and the CAB can help with this as
needed.

BTW. Anyone can develop their own test farm that focuses on a specific distro,
project area or hardware platform, but the Sun provided test farm will be
for general use.

Cheers,
Jim