On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 12:49, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Does this mean we need to igore you in future in order to
                 ^^
if that is intended to be the pluralis majestatis, then probably so.
> be able to have a useful discussion that is not driven by
> personal attacks?

of course it would be nice to have all tools that have some standard
follow it to the letter.. but it would also be nice if you didn't try
to shove that drivel down our throats 20 times a day (esp. as the gnu
tar, and gnu make, and bash developers very likely aren't even on this
list).

standards aren't very high on the priority list of gnu|linux devs (they
allow people to move away from the OneTrueImplementation[tm], after
all), and it seems they lose value over here, too (I have my personal
nit to pick wrt dropping standards, but I won't repeat that here).

so what do you want to do - rant like a madman over that? there are
other people in the grand opensource meta community that do a better job
at playing the madman than you.

adapt or fork - it's quite hard to convince people by annoying them.

patrick mauritz