>> 3. my PCI sound card isnt detected (Creative Audigy
>> Platinum)
>
>Perhaps the audio drivers from http://tools.de/solaris/audio/ will work for
>you.

Or try 4front's opensound.

>> 4. does Solaris support dial up internet connection
>> or is it specifically configured for ethernet only?
>
>Yes, Solaris supports dial up connection, but good luck!  Solaris uses the now
>ancient UUCP for su
ch things, and it is a nightmare to get PPP to work on Solaris.  You might as
well forget it.  Solaris wasn't really meant to be used on dialup, and it shows.

The "ancient uucp based" asppp code was removed and swapped with the more
common pppd.

pppd            pppd (1m)       - point to point protocol daemon
pppdump         pppdump (1m)    - convert PPP record file to readable format
pppoec          pppoec (1m)     - PPPoE chat utility
pppoed          pppoed (1m)     - PPPoE server daemon
pppstats        pppstats (1m)   - print PPP statistics
sppptun         sppptun (1m)    - PPP tunneling driver utility
sppptun         sppptun (7m)    - PPP tunneling pseudo-driver

Casper