> This is ridiculous!
> So why does Solaris come with JDS/GNOME and GRUB if
> it is not Linux?

Because UNIX makes a clear separation of [I]mechanism[/I] and [I]policy[/I].
Just because Solaris implements a window manager or managers popular on Linux
does not make it any more or less like Linux.

You really should read "The Art of UNIX Programming" by Eric S. Raymond. In his
book, he writes:

[I]"Rule of Separation: Separate policy from mechanism; separate interfaces
from engines."[/I]

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/ch01s06.html#id2877777

This is one of the core UNIX concepts. You must understand this concept in
order to understand UNIX.