On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 07:06 -0700, Bob Palowoda wrote:

>   Thank God Open Solaris doesn't have to worry about JDS branding
> success or issues.  But I have to ask which "Sun-specific stuff" is
> or will be part of Open Solaris?

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that yet, but I'm pretty sure
we're all hoping that it will be "as little as possible".

>From what I'm hearing, it's more likely that vanilla community versions
of the JDS components (GNOME, Mozilla etc.) will be made available under
the OpenSolaris umbrella, and after that it will be partly up to the
community to decide whether it would make sense to include some or any
of the feature patches that are currently unique to JDS.  (Of which,
frankly, there are currently too many, and we'd like to get the majority
of them back upstream ASAP anyway.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]            Java Desktop System Group