UNIX admin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Your point being? That bash does implement some sort
> > of Bourne/POSIX
> > shell command language instead of the csh one?
> > Ridiculous.
> I wasn't trying to make a point that bash is more or less POSIX.

No, you were claiming (you should not have removed the quoting of
your own previous posting) that

| There are far better shells, namely (pd)ksh, [...]

but your example was pointless because (pd)ksh behaves exactly as
bash there.

> I was trying to make a point that bash is not very good, contrary
> to the popular [I][B]trends and beliefs[/B][/I].

You failed. And since you are nothing but the "UNIX admin" who is
using a hotmail address, there is nothing beyond your example that
might serve to give your claim any credibility.

        Gunnar