> The CBE we use for JDS internally is based on the
> pkgbuild
> (http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net/)
> tool that Laca (aka Laszlo Peter, who produced
> pkgbuild and is also our
> main RE person in
> the JDS group in Sun). These tools work off rpm type
> .spec files
> (actually is possible to share
> these .spec files with the Linux build system - we do
> this too), and
> generate Solaris Packages.
> The CBE also includes things like the compiler,
> automake packages and more.

I started playing around with the source packages at the JDS page to see if I
could upgrade myself to GNOME 2.10 with at least some of the JDS patches.  I
don't have much time to work on it, but I like what I've seen of pkgbuild so
far.  I'm curious though where the source packages are for fontconfig and
freetype2, since they're not part of the JDS source package download, and of
course there are newer versions than what's in there now.  I haven't looked at
the Solaris CD contents; is there a CD which contains source packages for those
GPL and LGPL packages where source code and diffs are required to be provided?

BTW, one thing that bothers me about Blastwave is the lack of an open
repository to download whatever is necessary to recreate the binary packages
myself.  It looks like there's a lot of "hand hacking" going on and the end
result is pushed out as binary packages.  If Blastwave would start using
something like pkgbuild to automate the build process, I would be much happier
with the concept.

--
Jake