Gavin Maltby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 07/14/05 20:11, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>
> > Every second free software packet comes with illegal Makefiles that only
> > "work"
> > usually because they depend on bugs in Sun Make or GNU make. Note that
> > OpenSolaris does not come with Sun Make, I use "smake" for
> > /usr/ccs/bin/make:
>
> The supplied Studio 10 tools do, however, include dmake which is the preferred
> make variant within Sun for compiling ON (at least).  I believe it is
> substantially ahead of /usr/ccs/bin/make in most departments.  It can also
> get the load average of my local build box up around 400 :-)

Studio 10 is not freely redistributable and there are people who like to avoid
Sun Studio for whatever reasons. For these people, the make program that is
closest to Sun make is smake which on SchilliX is also available as
/usr/ccs/bin/make

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/