Dragan Cvetkovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That was a problem discussed a few days ago. Basically, as I understand
> it, Blastwave packages are supposed to work the same way on any Solaris
> version (from 8 to 11) and you can't guarantee that some required library
> would be in the base OS or in the same place. Sun has moved some stuff
> from SFW to SUNW and added (and probably removed) a lot of free software
> in more recent releases.

Correct and this is why it would make sense to have the source package
knowledge available for distributions like SchilliX that have the chance to
recompile everyting into one coherent binary tree for every new release.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/