On 7/20/05, Sunil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> now that 8 character limit is not there, what stops us from having some
> meaningful unique names for packages, which are really unique across
> csw/sunw, so in future I install just one copy of a package and csw doesn't
> go around downloading and installing it but just checks if it meets the
> minimal requirements.

The name is not the only problem. Programs built for /opt/csw expect
their libraries to be in /opt/csw/lib. The community will be working
towards ways of solving this issue, but in the meantime, it's just not
that simple.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/