On Jul 21, 2005, at 7:28 PM, Shawn Walker wrote:

On 7/21/05, Darren Kenny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Open Solaris is not aimed at just system admins - it's being targeted at the desktop user, more so now than ever - so live with it, you are going to have to accept that some people simply don't like the way things are
right now on Solaris and would like to have a desktop machine that
doesn't constantly require you to bring up a terminal to make even the
slightest change to the systems configuration.

Sun Management Console (smc) does exist and a lot of system related
things can be configured there without ever bringing up a terminal. In
addition, webmin is included with Solaris 10 by default and that's
another option...

And none of those powerful tools are in the menus of JDS by default.
Not even when I login as root. I wonder why this kind of tools
don't get more attention.

So I would disagree that it "constantly require you to bring up a
terminal to make even the slightest change to the systems
configuration."

Se the note about 'more attention' above.

J^2

You're newer too old to rock'n'roll, if you're too young to die