> apparently, you don't understand what's good about
> solaris and why people love it. I wish I could claim
> that it was the vast variety of software available on
> solaris because of which I love solaris.

As for myself, I love Solaris because it's consistent, structured,
high-perfomance, and easy to use. And it scales well.

Solaris has been good to me all these years, even though I "flirted" with HP-UX
a lot and had a "love affair" with IRIX. But Solaris has never let me down when
push came to show and when times were bleak.