On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 07:03, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> I am shure that Sun did not call e.g. ./configure manually but
> by using a wrapper script.

As I mentioned when you brought this up previously.

The compress tar file is un unpacked, ./configure is run as
per the README file and make is run after that.

> As I have in mind that at least some of the libraries have been
> made using a linker map file, this file is also missing as I would
> call it a script. Also note that this makes me believe that the
> make files have been modified in order to allow linker mal files.

The linker map file that is used is the non executable stack one
that is shipped as part of Solaris in /usr/lib/ld/  again I mentioned
this before.

This is a simple setting of the LDFLAGS environment variable and
doesn't need the makefiles to be modified.

There are no modifications to the makefiles in the general case and in
cases where there are modifications to anything inside the tar ball the
patches are included in the source packages.

--
Darren J Moffat