[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > In the document:
> >http://www.kornshell.com/info/
> >it says it's compatable.   Just curious what the big compatiblity
> >problems are?  Sun technically ships ksh93 in the form of 'dtksh'.
> >I can imagine if you have to open ksh88 up it's going to be
> >a bumpy road.  If I remember correct it's got Novell copyrights
> >all over it.   What programs are at risk if it was upgraded to ksh93?
>

> It says that it is but it is not.  (It's mostly compatible and that's
> just not good enough; a few environment variables behave differently, for
> one)

Unless you have a solution that will give us the source and redistribution
rights for ksh88, missing compatibility counts less than availability at all.

The only ksh we have for OpenSolaris is ksh93. If Sun likes to deviate from
OpenSolaris, please give very good reasons.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/