Steve Logue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> How about some data to discuss regarding ksh93
> differences?
>
> Attached is the latest COMPATIBILITY file from the
> ksh93 sources.  Please Peruse:
>
> http://www.kornshell.com/
> http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/
>
> PS. Note that pax is available from AT&T too...

Note that pax from AT&T is not the pax from /usr/bin on Solaris.

Also note that the archive format used by AT&T pax was not POSIX
compliant in January 2004. I am not sure whether they fixed all bugs
that I did report.

If you like to replace the closed "pax" binary you most likely
get getter results by using "spax" from the star suite.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/