sorry meant this to go to group as well

On 7/30/05, James Dickens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/30/05, ahmet a a <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Well, i am an absolute beginner to solaris (and unix), so my problems might bore you. i am stubborn, i want to learn Solaris. ok here i go.
i have installed Solaris NV18 today to my computer. i did not have so much trouble in the installation phase, however install process can be greately enhanced. Anyway, first  problem, system does not see the ethernet card(embedded Nforce-4) .

Hi

first thing is to check the HCL ( hardware compatibility list) at  http://www.sun.com/bigadmin  and see of your network adapter is supported if not check with its creator for solaris drivers

i have found some source code for solaris drivers and wanted to try that out (if i can), but i noticed that i cannot create any file, or directory in my home directory.

solaris includes an automounter, check out the below link on how to configure it.
i am guessing that home directory is in the other hard drive, and trhere is a mount issue or stg, but i am kind of clueless now about what to do.
when i want to create a directory it says:  "Failed to make directory ".."; operation not applicable
i have two hard drives, in H1, i have windows and solaris, in H2 i have a fat32 partition and Solaris partition. windows is also booting fine.
any clue?
Solaris does not support fat 32 at this time.

you can join #opensolaris on irc.freenode.net if you have any more questions.

James Dickens
uadmin.blogspot.com