Tao Chen wrote:
According to this Sun doc:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-5504/6mkv4nh2f?a=view

" To install DHCP clients from the network, you must create Vendor category options to pass information
  that is needed to install the Solaris OS.
Table 4–4 <http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-5504/6mkv4nh2f?a=view#dhcp-admin-tbl-26> shows the options you must create and the properties that are needed to create them."

If above two "must" are true, and the set of options are fixed, why not create them by default,
instead of asking every user to copy & paste then run the sample commands?

For what it's worth, CR 4769755 was filed long ago as we know this is an issue. Priorities lay elsewhere for several years, though, so it hasn't been implemented. In some sense it's becoming less important with Nevada, as the new boot architecture on x86 doesn't require any vendor options at all, but it's still an issue on SPARC for now. If someone from the community would like to work on it, drop me a line, though the preferred fix isn't trivial.

Dave