Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed the Solaris Express 19 Build for Sparc. I
am using V120. I have setup a solaris 8 as a jumpstart server and installed
Solaris Express.

After the installation of the first CD I'm not able login. I always get the
following error

[i]sj-corey21-app console login: root
Aug  3 18:32:47 sj-corey21-app login: open_module[0:/etc/pam.conf]:
stat(/usr/lib/security//pam_authtok_get.so.1) failed: No such file or directory
Aug  3 18:32:47 sj-corey21-app login: load_modules[0:/etc/pam.conf]: can not
open module /usr/lib/security//pam_authtok_get.so.1[/i]

So I booted in single user mode and most of the PAM libraries are missing.

[i]bash-3.00# ls -l pam_authtok_check.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          24 Aug  2 09:44 pam_authtok_check.so ->
./pam_authtok_check.so.1
bash-3.00# ls -l pam_authtok_check.so.1
pam_authtok_check.so.1: No such file or directory
bash-3.00# [/i]

There were only 3 libraries available, the rest were missing
pam_krb5.so.1          pam_krb5_migrate.so.1  pam_smartcard.so.1

I googled and searched the net but nobody seemed to have faced this problem
I even  removed the SUNWpamsc, copied it from the jumpstart machine and
reinstalled the package again. I still have the same problem.

It seems the original CD itself didn't have all the files in the package.

Any suggestions to fix this problem will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Suresh