Alan DuBoff wrote:

>> BTW, I sensed that no one here seems to like HP, & that animosity seems to
>> extend to HP's x86 systems.

>Not completely correct. I hate their laptops,

Apparently, you have not seen any of HP's "thin and light" turion64 based
notebooks.  They are really good (especially their "Lance Armstrong" series)
and relatively inexpensive.  (If you paid attention to Sunday's ads, you will
definitely get an unmistakable impression that HP has placed big bets on AMD
Turion64 notebooks.)