On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 11:16 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Serge wrote:
> > - sorry for the duplicate mail...
> > - sorry also for relating about what is not sticktly Openwin considerations.
> >
> > But however a little : my FlightGear, as well pkg-get installed (with Mesa)
> > for x86 on a standard Solaris 10,  works to slow  ; good. In this case, a
> > solution can be to use a Opensolaris Express build, because Mesa is here
> > native ?
>
> Mesa is going to be slow no matter where you get it from for Solaris.
> It can't use any hardware acceleration until we get DRI (or a similar
> system) in place.

do we have DRI/3D-related mailing list somewhere, so we could
ask/discuss/contribute to it?

Also would be nice to see current progress on this project. For example,
changelog, related information, links and so on. I think it is a good
think to have for any open-source development.

If SUN guys could organize projects not only based on bugzilla-like
database but also like set of per-project web-pages like this:

http://3d.opensolaris.org
http://acpi.opensolaris.org
http://net.opensolaris.org

and so on, than it would attract more open-source developers to jump in
and would be useful for users to see latest development status, plans,
etc.

Dima