Bob Palowoda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >    3. Initial Structure
> >
> > Solaris management has asked Steve
> > ked Steve Christensen to be the gate keeper.  Steve
> > has maintained the sunfreeware.com site for many
> > years. The source base will be the Companion contents
> > for Solaris 10 minus those packages that are now
> > included in Solaris 11 or those packages considered
> > no longer important. Requests for upgrading existing
> > packages and/or adding new packages will reviewed by
> > a team of Sun engineers. Interested external people
> > will be invited to join this team. The goal is equal
> > representation.  The review team will follow all
> > applicable Open Solaris processes.   Many
> > implementation details remain to be determined.
> >

>   Sorry Blastwave has better potential in handling this over
> Sunfreeware.

What we need is an infrastructure for a build system.
Neither Sunfreeware not Blastwave has this as they both
supply only binaries.

Having a buld system that deals with fetching the original
soruces (or at least documenting the URL), applying needed
patches, that deals with config parameters and with calling
make is something that would also help SchilliX.

As we have SPS for SchilliX, it would be sufficient to have the
"condensed information".

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/