> Brendan Gregg wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Alan Hargreaves - Product
> Technical Support (APAC) wrote:
> >>Just been having a discussion with a memober of the
> community (you know
> >>who you are; but no names, no pack drill) who
> logged a bug, had it
> >>updated by a sun engineer, but now has a problem
> because of a
> >>combination of the following two facts:
> >>1. the bugs interface does not allow update of an
> existing bug
> >>2. the bugs interface blanks out the name of the
> sun engineer doing an
> >>update.
>
> If bugzilla can allow this, then surely Sun can as
> well.

  Sun already does it with the java.bugs database.  If you look at
the bugs.opensolaris.org and compare it to the java bug database
it appears to be the same interface.   Sun just got to move
all the proprietary and secret communications to the comment
field, than take what is public comments and probably put them
in the "public comment" field.  Than turn on evaluations and
use the the online identy controls for the public to update the bug.
I suspect there was an under estimation of resources to get this done.

---Bob