On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 12:37, Gavin Maltby wrote:

> >>Not that mythical - you used to be able to order it and I know
> >>of one site with I think 8 Starcats all linked via this.
> >>
> > 8 SF15k running *one* OS instance?
>
> I don't think so, I think it is some form of compute cluster.

That's my understanding as well.  no doubt I'll shake someone actually
involved in the project out of the woodwork with this post, but I
believe they built an interconnect which could be used for a
single-system-image system but the only functionality which was actually
productized was a compute cluster interconnect.

Some of the driver code can be found in:

http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/usr/src/uts/sun4u/io/wrsm/

                                        - Bill