Patrick Mauritz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 22:14, Felix Schulte wrote:
> > any comments?
> see http://www.openbios.org/~oxygene/opensolaris.txt.bz2 for what
> changed in the various source drops (06-12, 07-01, 07-20, 08-18)

Thank you for doing this work.

Although I would like to know things that cannot be simply determined from
checking source diffs as you may not know where a bug fix has beeen applied.

Let me make an eample:

With SchilliX-0.1, I did apply 4 pathches:

-       A patch to void multiple kmem_free() for ACPI related memory

-       A patch to usr/src/lib/libcfgadm/common/config_admin.c to
        make it find libs on AMD64.

-       A patch to avoid a kernel panic with lseek(f, SEEK_HOLE, -1)

-       A patch to make lseek(f, SEEK_HOLE, 0) behave as negotioated.

The lseek(f, SEEK_HOLE, -1) fix was included in Build 18,
the to usr/src/lib/libcfgadm/common/config_admin.c was included in
build 20.

The lseek(f, SEEK_HOLE, 0) is not yet included and for the kmem_free()
ACPI problem, I am unable to find out whether this has been fixed
elsewhere (although it looks as if the problem is still present).

For a creator of a distribution like me, it is impportant to know
the exact list of changes in order to be able to deal correctly
with own patches....

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/