On Tuesday 30 August 2005 01:22 pm, Young Song wrote:
> If you have ideas on what to do to evangelize the community, I'd like to
> know and would be happy to spend time on this. I'm fairly new to
> OpenSolaris.org, and sorry if the information was discussed somewhere
> before. I work in the globalization organization at Sun and posted a
> couple of suggestions on translation and localization testing process in
> the i18n discuss list, but haven't seen a single reply. ;-)

Some have been mentioned. Find conferences in your area, setup and do a BOF.
It takes some organizing, but most cases the BOFs are free.

We used to hand out CD/DVDs of Solaris, but now that it's free we don't do
that too much.

Attend other user groups and promote Solaris.

Create your own user group to promote OpenSolaris.

Hold Installfests.

There are many things to do, and there's a bunch of us that have been doing
that such as BryanC, EricS, EricB, DanP, JimG, LianeP, and even I've been
known to occasionally evangalize Solaris.<wink>

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems
Solaris x86 Engineering