ken mays wrote:
This was one of the reasons I was hoping Sun was
looking at Xscreensaver v4.22. I did a QA of Mesa
demos and Xscreensaver in which it is interesting to
see how the various OpenGL-like drivers and libraries
perform.

It's on the to-do list.   Unfortunately, our xscreensaver source
has forked so greatly in the screen lock portions that it's not
an easy move, due to things like the gtk GUI, GNOME accessibility
support, Solaris PAM integration, etc.   One thing I've thought of
and need to talk to the xscreensaver maintainers about is possibly
building the hacks from 4.22 while they work on porting the rest at
a slower pace, since we don't really customize the hacks.

We did add the GL hacks package to x86 when Mesa integrated into
Solaris Nevada & S10U1, so you at least have the 4.05 GL hacks for now.

This is also why we're interested in gnome-screensaver, so that we
can have an upstream for all the gtk/GNOME bits and not have to be
out of sync all the time - though I believe they're taking the
"less choices is better usability" approach from metacity and
applying it to the set of hacks included in gnome-screensaver.

The bug id for updating to a new xscreensaver is 4869280, but it's
not on bugs.opensolaris.org yet, since xscreensaver is tracked under
the GNOME categories that they're still working on as part of the
JDS work for OpenSolaris.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]