Karyn Ritter wrote:
I've pulled together my preliminary thoughts on the relative priorities

From my perspective, the priorities are

        HIGH:  All the things needed to make OpenSolaris
                a bootable, installable and updatable distro.
        HIGH:  Teamware AS-IS and SCCS, followed by some SCM decision.

        Once this state has been reached, the rest of the
        consolidations can be ranked by simple desire; without
        this stuff, the other consolidations are not very useful.

Joerg identified these needs:
    Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:48:16 +0200
    From: Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] Re: OpenSolaris distributions and package
managment
-       libm            currently replaced by a ported version from FreeBSD

-       pkg             I am using a star based system to create the SchilliX
ISO

-       sccs            currently missing completely

-       NSPR            Netscape Portable Runtime (LDAP libs)
                        Sun's source is not available.....we needed to
                        find something by our own but there is no idea
                        whether we use the same version as Sun.

                        We have been able to compile the official source
                        but we have not been able to create amd64 binaries.

-       libxml2         we compile official sources (2.6.19).
                        we recently succeeded to build a amd64 version.

                        Sun seems to use 2.6.9 and only gives this info:

                        Built with the Sun Workshop Compilers.

                        Configured with:
                            ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-threads
--without-python

-       Some SMF files  are missing and I did write my own.

-       libz            Sun uses an old version, we use zlib-1.2.3

-       NIC drivers     Various nic drivers are missing, we use the ones
                        from Masayuki Murayama

-       unzip           Sun's source is not available, we compiled the
                        official version.

-       wget            we compile the same version as Sun probably not
                        with the same condifuration.

-       INSTALL         The install system from Sun is completely missing
                        we needed to create our own framework.

Consolidation                                 Priority
        Isn't this already *done*?

Administrative Tools                          LOW
DEVPRO                                        HIGH
Documentation: Open Source Solaris Man Pages  HIGH
Install: Packaging Tools                      HIGH
Networking
        How is this different from what is already there?