On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 01:20:44PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >He has two basic approaches:
> >
> >-    Telling people that you are not allowed to run GPLd software
> >     on top of non-GPL operating systems or to ship both together
> >     on a single medium.
> >
> >     If this was true, most operating systems (including all Linux
> >     distributions I am aware of) would be illegal.
>
> It's also interesting to note that, were that to be the case, the GPL
> would not be an approved license under the Debian Free Software Guidelines:
>
>     9. License Must Not Contaminate Other Software
>
>     The license must not place restrictions on other software that is
>     distributed along with the licensed software. For example, the license
>     must not insist that all other programs distributed on the same medium
>     must be free software.

This is obviously wrong because of GPL clause 2, last paragraph :

  In addition, mere aggregation of another work not based on the Program
  with the Program (or with a work based on the Program) on a volume of
  a storage or distribution medium does not bring the other work under
  the scope of this License.

Rest of it in personal mail as to not bother the list.

Friendly,

Sven Luther