Felix Schulte wrote:
X Window System                               MED

Maybe this should be changed to "HIGH" - Sun has very interesting X11
extensions which should be released as soon as possible to allow their
integration in the current xorg tree. Later integration may
significantly more difficult as the Sun X11 and xorg source trees
become more and more different with each day - and the current
modularisation effort at xorg will trigger even more porting problems.

The Sun X11 and Xorg source trees become more and more alike with each
day as reducing the differences is a major goal of ours.

I'm not sure which X11 extensions we have though that would be useful
to Xorg that haven't been released.   The SolarisIA code is actually
out there, though not ready to integrate into Xorg CVS yet (will work
on that after the Xorg 7.0 release is done).   We already contributed
Xevie for Xorg 6.8.   SUN_DGA is the same basic concept as Xorg's
already existing DRI.   SUN_SME provides a very small performance boost
for some applications by using shared memory instead of Unix sockets to
transfer data - we'll probably release that once we get it ported to Xorg.
I don't know much about SUN_ALLPLANES or SUN_OVL - I think ALLPLANES is
only interesting if you have multiple bit depths on the same screen, which
few modern graphics cards support any more, since 8-bit support is all but
dead.   I know Xorg has some overlay support, but don't know how it compares
to SUN_OVL.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]