T.J. Yang wrote:

> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSolaris/Developer

tj -- Just wanted to let you know that Moinak Ghosh, in the last 3
posts on his blog, detailed how he created a bootable OpenSolaris CD:

     http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/moinakg

Especially see the one dated August 26th.

Thanks for the pointer. I did look at this blog from your blog ;)
But I am not bright enough to turn this text file into a workable
script. If I am not misreading the blog article,

it only  describe x86 LiveCD not sparc or 386 regular bootable
CD.

  A LiveCD is a regular bootable CD with the difference that the read-only
  /usr is mounted off the CD to reduce memory usage. Thus most userland
  binaries are loaded directly from the CD.

On the Solaris install CD there is the Solaris install miniroot which is a
  complete minimal root filesystem on a ramdisk. /usr is Not mounted from
  CD. This is done to enable CDs to be ejected during install.

  I am planning to release all my scripts with detailed documentation once
  I get hosting space. It is very simple to modify the script to build a
  ramdisk-only miniroot.

  I am not looking at a Sparc bootable CD at present. It will be a bit
  different because Grub-based newboot is not available on Sparc.

Regards,
Moinak.

I hope sun can release the script that used to  build Solaris Express CD
4 CD sets. It will be eaiser for us  to modify it for opensolaris use.

Regards

tj

Eric