Al Hopper wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Ben Rockwood wrote:

Does anyone have or know of a complete list of Fibre Channel HBAs that
are supported on Solaris10 /X86?  Looks like none of the common older
(read: cheap) HBAs have support (Tachyon and QLA2100's), some of the
Emulex do, I think some of the JNI's.  A complete list would be useful.
I can scrape a list together but something definative would be nice.

I don't have a complete list, but I can help you get started.  The Qlogic
2200 series and 2300 series work really well with Solaris 10, out of the
box.  IOW, without any OS mods or cofiguration changes.
Ya, QLC supports 2200, 2300, and SP212. I have plenty of QLA2100's so I dropped one into my Athlon and added a dev alias for the 2100, but no go.

Hint: If you EBay a 2200, get one with an optical SC connector - you can
easily source a factory SC <-> LC fiber optical cable assembly to attach it
to current FC (Fibre Channel) hardware.
Actually, I prefer copper. :)

benr.

PS: http://www.scsi-cables.com/ is a good source for FC interconnects.

Regards,

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134  Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris.Org Community Advisory Board (CAB) Member - Apr 2005