Hi,

Please try the attached c file. It printed "Solaris" for me in a Solaris
box.

And if you run "cc -### a.c" on the command line it will give some
useful info.

Thanks,
Bala

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 10:27, Veena M Shettar wrote:
> The following code does not work properly for solaris
>
> How  to detect solaris platform in c ? The following code displays
> "Linix" though
>
> Im excuting this code on solaris
>
> #include<stdio.h>
>
> main()
>
> {
>
> #ifdef _WIN32_
>
> {
>
> printf("windows");
>
> }
>
> #endif
>
> #ifdef __linux__
>
> #define _LINUX_
>
> #endif
>
> #ifdef SOLARIS
>
> {printf("Solaris");
>
> }
>
> #else
>
> {
>
> printf("Linix");
>
> }
>
> #endif
>
> }

Confidentiality Notice

this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [EMAIL
PROTECTED] immediately
#include<stdio.h>

int main()
{