+------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OpenSolaris - PLS VOTE NOW over at zimbra.com

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| > | On (07/10/05 05:57), Dennis Clarke wrote:
| > |

| > I disagree. I come from working on Solaris and Linux in the .com boom,
| > then to only Linux and *BSD.
| >

| you misunderstood me .. completely.  In 180 degree the wrong direction.
|
| my fault for not being clear.
|
| we agree completely .. ignorance is the problem
|
| and the perceptions that "Slowaris" and "expensive Sun" are still
| hurting the Solaris user base.
|
| there was no spam here .. just me expressing myself.
|
| For the record .. the .com boom was when?  1997 upwards?  I was
| installing and working night and day on SunOS and then Solaris back in
| 94 and previous I think.
| I remember when the stock was sitting at $5 or so in 97 and wanted to
| buy a ton of it.  I didn't.  Stupid me.  I did have a pile of Lotus
| stock however.  In any case .. you missed me on this one in the
| completely other direction and it just shows how pitiful email can be
| as a communication tool.
|
| Dennis

Heh, ok :)

I am doing my part in grassroots at work and people I talk to :)

I am running it at work and 2 coworkers installed it and still have it on
machines. My boss even put it on his laptop, yet wireless wasn't there.
He is a FreeBSD head. He would be open to it more for workstation on his
laptop once wireless drivers for it exist (woot opensolaris laptop wireless
project!).

Just trying to find time to actually learn Solaris kernel programming, wish
my life wasn't so allocated already :(