Hello mnikhil,

Friday, October 7, 2005, 9:01:10 AM, you wrote:

mm> hello Robert Milkowski
mm>  I understand that to create the links manually,
mm> but I do not understand why does it need an SMF because chkconfig is not a
mm> service
mm> you may be asking me about svcadmin, on registering the new SMFs, yeah then
mm> its a point..but I am more interested in a startup script..which does some
mm> reporting operations while starting and nothing at the shutdown/reboot
mm> option..so no need of SMF stuff here
mm> which SMF could have been otherwise useful if it the script was something
mm> like a service..

Then you can make a link yourself (than link will be started by SMF
anyway). Even if you want to print only some info and not intend to
start a service you can make it under SMF (I belive that would be
called transitioning service) - that way you can learn something if it
will be needed in a future.

Or if you want to make it fass then make just a symlink - not a big
deal. Chkonfig like utility is not needed here and when it's needed
you've got SMF which is much more sophisticated framework.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]