Thanks for a good laugh. GDB doesn't work between 2 kernel versions - that was
hilarious. I mean yeah, I can hack a kernel which disables ptrace support and
tell the world this hilarious story of no workie! And if you didn't knew -
Linux kernel is different from GDB - GDB is userspace thing, nothing to do with
the kernel. (I had hoped your 'experience' would have told you so, but never
mind, people forget things..)

Yeah and the relation of gdb to SPEC and ultimately SPEC itself not having any
meaning - nothing can be closer to truth. Thanks for your insight into this
subject - looking forward to more interesting posts like this.