Alan DuBoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 09:08 am, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > No, I was on vacation and before I had problems with bugs in
> > newer OpenSolaris releases.
>
> Are you sure that wasn't a bug in star? <gd&r>;-)

Well, svc.startd and inetd seem to be outside my scope ;-)

But if you are interested, I did add several features to
star to allow the simple binary packaging that I now use for
SchilliX-0.2 and I completed multi volume support and fixed a
but with incremental bugs in star.....

But 99% of all star users would not notice the difference unless
they like to use star for the named purposes.

Since the last bug fixes for incremental backups, I did run
~ 200 incremental backup _and_ restore tests without any problems
and I would now call star a rock solid incremental backup system,
comparable to ufsdump/ufsrestore but filesystem independent and OS
independent and in nearly all cases 20% faster.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/