James C. McPherson wrote:

<Please don't confuse Sun certified with 'works with Solaris' -- they are
actually two separate things.>

Don't be so defensive. :-)  We are all aware of that.  Keep in mind that
installation issues are not scheduled to be addressed (by the OpenSolaris
project team or whatever) until July '06.

My first point is, it "appears" that if the Solaris installation routine does
not recognize the NIC (though it may perfectly work well with Soalris, with or
without tweaking), it will bypass the network configuration step.  The problem
is, there are a bunch of idiots (yours truly, for example & in particular) who
have no idea of how to configure tcpip or DNS client in Solaris.  (Granted, I
can do that blindfolded in Linux, but . . .)

(Reminding me a story.  My neighbors, who have lived on Oahu for all their
lives, travelled with me to China--by airplane, for the very first time.  They
were surprised to find out that there are actually people in this world who do
not speak English. True story.)

Thus, my second point: an idiot-proof step-by-step instruction to configure
network and DNS client, after installation, would be greatly helpful.