The crossmeta driver binary on Windows is free without any warranty.
The addon driver modules from Linux is open-source, whereas The crossmeta
kernel based on freebsd VFS is
not open-source yet. This has to do with the Microsoft IFS licensing and their
header files.

Once the JANUS project is available the new Crossmeta project on opensolaris
would be
complimentary so that Solaris users can share their data from Linux in addition
running linux binaries.

-SK